Monday, April 25, 2005

Learn Not To Expect

It is Monday today. I usually wear red blouse every monday believing and hoping that it will give luck for my whole week activities. I want to start my week with a smile and a good outlook in my work. But how can it be possible if it just started wrong...

I was upset this morning because of my husband. He asked me to buy him native delicacies from a stand along buendia while we are on a stop in the middle of the traffic. Im afraid to get off the car thinking that the traffic may start to go in any minute. But he insisted so I immediately got off the car and buy him 'biko'. As soon as got in the car, I told him "Dalawa binili ko syo.". Im expecting him to thank me but instead he said "D naman ata biko to eh". I was disappointed by the way he said that because that was the second time he ignored what I did to him. The first one is just yesterday. I cooked him his favorite spaghetti. I was sweating a lot while cooking because no fresh air was coming in our dirty kitchen. But I still excitedly continue cooking because I knew it's my husband's and baby's favorite. I prepared our plate while he brought some spaghetti to my parents. When he came back, I still wait for him to thank me but instead I saw a quite disappointed face. I ask him if he didn't like the taste of spaghetti and he said it's not the taste but the fact that I already mixed the sauce with the noodles. Ok that's it. He noticed my mistake but not my effort in cooking it. My effort in preparing the plate so when he came back he'll just be sitting down and eat spaghetti. Actually I did not mixed the sauce and the noodles, it just looked mixed together because I put a lot of sauce on top of the noodles. I, being disappointed, lost my appetite and just cleaned the dishes afterwards.

This morning is just a repetition of what was happened yesterday. He already said sorry but why does it have to happen again? Isn't asking for forgiveness comes together with the promise that it won't happen again?

As soon as he got in the office he emailed me realizing his mistakes:
"Mommy, sorry if I hurt your feelings again. D pa nga ako nkkabawi dun sa isa, ito na naman. If it will make you any better, I want you to know na I really really feel bad because of what I did/do. I love you. "
Then I replied.
"Ok lng. Just please try to be sensitive and appreciative enough to acknowledge the things I’m doing for you. Thanks for the apology. I feel better now but still not expecting this won’t happen again….. at least I won’t get hurt that much if you do it again."

I hope I still get luck from wearing red clothes today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home