Thursday, February 24, 2005

A Lost....

This is a sad day for all of us here in the office. Our president just died this morning. Though I don't know him that much, I am pretty sure he's a great man. Here are some of our encounter:

1. Final Interview. He was my final interview. I was so nervous that time but his soft voice and good looks made me at ease and passed his interview.
2. "Welcome Aboard, Noreen!" - I still remember my first day at the office. He greeted me with a smile saying "Welcome aboard Noreen!".
3. Glimpse from his cubicle. I always have a glimpse from his cubicle. His cubicle is facing mine. He's always in jeans and a pair of sneakers. Cool! He comes to the office at lunch and never leaves his cubicle until he goes home at around 6pm. I always tend to look at him in his cubicle. Maybe because I know he's sick and I may not see him anymore soon.
4. Last visit at the office. I was surprised and happy to see him when he visited us in the office on the 2nd week of February. He started not reporting to the office on the 2nd or 3rd of January. I've heard that he's under medication that time. When I saw him I felt so happy knowing that he's getting well and thinking that he might come back soon. He looked so different on his last visit. Maybe it's because of all the operations and medications that he has gone through. He was semi-bald, had lost his weight and looked exhausted. Nevertheless, he still has his good looks.

One morning, I overheard our COO said that our president can no longer remember anything. Maybe he just had an operation and as a result he had memory loss. I've heard that his condition is bad. I felt pity for him and his family that I couldn't help myself but to cry.

Then just this morning, Kuya Bobot(not his real name) told us that he already passed away this morning. I paused for a while and prayed for him. It's sad to lose a great guy but I know he's not in pain anymore. He's with his wife now. Happy. Soon he'll be with the Lord. "Salamat at maligayang paglalakbay Sir!" =)

1 Comments:

  • you're right, he might be celebrating now because he has been reunited with his wife. good thing he left you with good memories and inspired you ibn one way or another.

    By Blogger james, at Thursday, February 24, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home