Wednesday, August 17, 2005

As a Cook

There's a saying that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. This saying is not that true for me. In my case kc I just discovered that I'm a good cook pala after I and hubby got married. Si hubby kc patay na patay na sakin yan (wag tatanggi! hehe) bago pa man nya madiskubre na magaling pala akong magluto. At syempre nag-apply lang ang sayings na yan after nyang matikman ang mga lutuin ko. I believe that the best way to express your love to your family is to feed them good, delicious and healthy food. I got it from my mom I'm sure.
Last weekend we were in my in-laws. Since it's my hubby's bday (Happy Birthday Dad! Muah!), we planned to cook for them instead of treating them outside (mas makakamura kc eheheh). Kidding aside, it's simply because honestly we dont know where to treat them. Wla na kming maisip na restaurant na di pa nila nakakainan. So the best idea we think was just to cook carbonara ala noreena espesyal sa kanila. And they loved it (but ofcourse!). Actually, Saturday pa lng natuwa na sila sa mga hinahanda ko sa kanila. I served them ginataang langka with daing for lunch, and menudo for dinner. I heard papa telling my husband that night "Sarap nung ginataang langka ni noreen. Nanginginig na nga ko sa gutom eh. Ngayon lang kc kmi nakakatikim ng mga ganon pag nand2 kyo." Palakpak ang tenga ko, grabe! Ansaya talaga ng feeling pag may nasasarapan sa mga lutuin mo. Appreciation is indeed enough to suffice your effort in cooking the dishes. Yes, they were just simple dishes but for them I tastes more delicous compared to resto's. (wag nang kumontra, ok?hehe)
Ey, I think mas applicable sakin kung babaguhin ko ung sayings na ito to:
"The best way to your in-laws heart is through their stomach." ahihihi ;)

3 Comments:

  • pakibati naman si bespren/kumpareng james ng belated hafi bertday!!! ;) Tanda nya na kamo. hehehehe!

    By Blogger Mathew Hanger, at Thursday, August 18, 2005  

  • I can so relate to this! It's one thing that you know you cook good dishes and it's another thing to hear it from others (esp your in-laws!) that they loved it! Sana pag nagmeet tayo patikimin mo naman ako ng luto mo.
    Congrats!

    By Blogger ~dowadee~, at Friday, August 19, 2005  

  • oi ako den! i NEVER cooked before i got married, hangang prito prito lang! hehe..
    but now im feeding my own family and it feels so good to be verbally appreciated by my husband :)

    By Blogger spoons, at Thursday, September 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home