Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sim Lim Square

Still in search for the digicam, I and my friend went to Sim Lim Square as referred by his former instructor/co-employee, Ken. Ken said it would be better to know the digicam model first before we go to Sim Lim Square. Since I know particularly which model I am looking for so there no problem with that. We were just eager to go to Sim Lim thinking that we could get the same digicam model for a lower price compared to Lucky Plaza's lowest bid so far of $200.
Then our search begins...
The first store that we asked offered that digicam for $230. Then I said that the other store gives it to me for $165. So he agreed to give to me for $150. But he surprising get another digicam model and convinced me to buy it instead of Olympus. Oh my! same story again! Since I was now familiar with this tactics, I said "Thanks but I really want the Olympus". Then he said, "ok. but we have no stock for now. just for this one." Arrrrggh! So we went out.
The succeeding stores that we asked even bargained the digicam for $100 and $80 but we still have to come back after 2 hours or tomorrow. And ofcourse never they won't forget to insist their old digicam models to be bought instead. We were both getting pissed off by the way they're fooling us. What's their problem? Can't they just give us their best real price for that digicam model so we won't be confused to how much lower that digital camera could be. There even this one store which refuses to test the digicam in the condition that we're gonna buy it. But what if I dnt like it? Can't I say no? The funny part was when I asked if that digicam has zooming function, he said "Yes yes. I'll show it to you". Then suddenly the system hanged. Haha! Quite ashamed, he changed the topic and restarted the camera. And he still insisted to buy that "very durable" camera. The owner gave us a hard time to go out of his store but I managed to be franked to him and we went out.
Having an idea of their foolishness, we started asking if they still have stock of Olympus XX model prior to asking the price so they won't tell us they have no more stock after giving their bargain price. Still very clever, they would say "You just get the displayed item without the box, usb, softwares, etc". YOU ARE ALL SO IMPOSSIBLE! Grrrr!
We finally gave up and went home empty handed. It's not our loss. It's theirs. The day next I went to Luck Plaza and bought the Olympus XX model for $190 only with the complete set!
Just a piece of advice:
      NEVER EVER GO TO SIM LIM SQUARE.

2 Comments:

  • if i were you... i would've tested the durability of that thing on his head! :D

    pasalubong ko?!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, August 30, 2005  

  • News via RSS
    Web publishers use RSS to easily create and distribute news feeds that include links, headlines, and summaries.
    Great Blog! If you have time see my ##business opportunities## related site. enjoy! It pretty much covers ##business opportunities## related stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wednesday, August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home